We aim to provide the best possible service. However, if at any point you are dissatisfied or concerned about the service we have provided, then you should contact us immediately, so that we can do our utmost to resolve the problem.
In the first instance, please contact the Solicitor who is dealing with your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure below.
Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:-
· Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
· No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
· No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Telephone – 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m.
E-mail – email@example.com
Address – Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
Robyns Owen’s Complaints Policy
Our Complaints Policy
A complaint means an oral or written dissatisfaction which alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, distress, inconvenience or other detriment.
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, contact us with details.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within two days of us receiving your complaint. We will also provide you with the Legal Ombudsman’s leaflet “Here to help” at this stage.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps.
· We will pass your complaint to Ieuan Ellis Owen, our Client Care partner, within three days.
· He will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to your complaint within 7 days.
· He will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file. And, if necessary, he may also speak to them. This will take up to 7 days from receiving their reply and the file.
4. Ieuan Ellis Owen will then invite you to a meeting and discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. He will do this within 7 days.
5. Within 3 days of the meeting Ieuan Ellis Owen will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Ieuan Ellis Owen will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include his suggestions for resolving the matter. He will do this within 7 days of completing the investigation.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways.
· Another partner of the firm will review Ieuan Ellis Owen’s decision within 10 days.
· We will ask our local Law Society or another firm of solicitors to review your complaint within 7 days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
· We will invite you to agree to independent mediation within 7 days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
7. We will let you know the result of the review within 7 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Yn dilyn datganiad y Prif Weinidog ar 23ain Mawrth 2020 bydd y swyddfa hon yn cau am 5 o’r gloch 24ain Mawrth 2020 hyd hysbysiad pellach. Bydd y busnes yn parhau i weithredu ac ymdrechwn i ddelio gyda holl faterion mor effeithiol ac effeithlon a sy’n rhesymol bosibl yn yr amgylchiadau. Cysylltwch a ni felly os gwelwch yn dda trwy unai ffonio 01758 613177 neu drwy e-bost firstname.lastname@example.org. Diolch i chi am eich cydweithrediad a’ch dealltwriaeth yn ystod y cyfnod eithriadol anodd yma.
Due to the Prime Minister’s statement on 23rd March 2020 this office will be closed from 5pm on 24th March 2020 until further notice. Our business will continue to operate remotely and we shall endeavour to deal with all matters as effectively and efficiently as is reasonably possible in the circumstances. Please therefore contact us by either telephoning 01758 613177 or e-mailing email@example.com. We thank you in anticipation of your co-operation and understanding during these extremely challenging times.